this was based on a text post (I think) that I saw on tumblr awhile ago.
All I do when I hear words that astound me is question why I couldn’t have come up with their pairing first
Oh my god. I have seen this view. This exact view. I can recognize all of those shops on the side of that ridge. I have laid on one of those chairs. I want to go back.
Oh but I am really sorry that I accidentally went to someone’s tumblr page and they had auto-play and it played extra loud electronic music and it woke you up and you moaned for a total 20 seconds.
I’m a stupid bitch.
I hate it when I’m trying to talk to you about something that is important in my life and that is causing me a lot of stress and that I genuinely want your opinion about and you sit there on your phone. Here are the reasons why your phone does not matter:
1. If you’re on Instagram, the pictures will still be there after the fifteen minutes I take out of your precious day to talk to you about something way more important than a selfie of your friend that’s still in high school with her cat.
2. If you’re on Twitter, the tweets will STILL BE THERE. Sorry that I’m taking away from your connection with the “wonderfully hilarious” sloth news feed that you dedicate you free time to.
3. If you’re texting someone, the text WILL STILL F-ING BE THERE after I’m done. Even if you have your read receipts on, I don’t think the person will care that you didn’t respond for fifteen minutes when it’s 3’OCLOCK IN THE MORNING.
4. If you’re checking your email about something important that pertains to your exams in the upcoming week, have I mentioned that we are talking about the digital world where practically nothing is deleted after it is shared?
5. And finally, if you’re mom is texting you about something that is an emergency and you really really can’t ignore it because it’s so tragic and something really bad happened and you’re about to cry, I will understand if you say ‘Hold on, Marisa, my mom just texted me about something that is an emergency and I really really can’t ignore it because it’s so tragic and something really bad happened and I’m about to cry.’ Then you should PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE AND CALL THEM SO YOU CAN TALK TO THEM IN PERSON NOT OVER A MEANINGLESS TEXT MESSAGE THAT CONVEYS NO EMOTION TOWARDS ANYTHING AND ESTABLISHES NO PERSONAL CONNECTION UNLIKE THE CONVERSATION I AM TRYING TO START WITH YOU RIGHT NOW.
Damn. Why do people put so much value in technology over personal, human interaction? I mean this letter is even robotic. It’s just a place for me to go to because I’m too scared to say this to the person’s face. I’m too scared of confrontation. I’m too scared to have a negative personal, human interaction. And yet, at least I have the decency to wait until you go to sleep so I’m not ignoring you and the opportunity to talk to you face to face, eye to eye, person to person.
At least I have the decency to respect the tradition of human interaction that has been enacted since the birth of man and not forsake it for the recent infiltration of a isolationistic movement driven by technology.
At least I have the decency to look into your eyes and not down at my phone.